How It Works
Step 1 - Place Your Order
- Upload your pet photo using the upload button on the product page (an example is shown below). Make sure your photo follows our Photo Guidelines listed below!
You agree that by uploading the pet photo that you own the copyright to the photo or otherwise have permission to publicize it. Please do not try to make Neal's Pet Painting party to copyright infringement.
- The upload button turns to a green animation while your file is uploading. The upload button indicates that your upload is successful when it looks like this:
- Click on the orange ADD TO CART button to place your order.
Step 2 - Creation of Your Personalized Pet Portrait
- The artist paints a digital painting using your pet photo as a reference. It is not a computer program automatically doing the painting, but a human artist making brush strokes with a tablet and stylus and using software that simulates the physics, colors, and textures of actual paint.
Step 3 - Print and Ship
- We print your one-of-a-kind, personalized pet portrait giclée using a Canon iPF9400 with Canon 12-color Aqueous acid-free, archival-quality, pigment-based inks on 100% cotton canvas or 264 gsm (grams per square meter) fine art paper according to your preference.
- You receive the parcel tracking number when your pet portrait ships. Typically, this is a week after the artist has completed painting it.
- Take your pet photo at eye level with your pet
- It works best if the pet is looking away from the camera
- Try to make it a close up, so we can see your pet's unique features
- Outdoor natural daylight always results in the best photos. Try to avoid bad lighting!
- Try to have a background that contrasts with the color of the pet
- Avoid uploading blurry photos
- Make sure no ears are out of frame!
Please note: The artist uses the photo you send as a reference photo for creating your personalized pet portrait. He does not change the angle of your pet's head/face, or open your pet's mouth if it is closed in the photo. Please be sure you are happy with the photo you choose to upload for a pet portrait.